About Mercy's Place
Mercy’s Place Counseling Services was developed to empower children, youth, adults, and families to enhance strength they can draw from to effectively address or cope with concerns in their life, to invite hope and expectancy into sometimes trying and discouraging times, and to inspire changes that move people toward their future with meaning.
At Mercy’s Place, we understand it can be very difficult to seek professional help. We’re here to answer your questions and give you the information you need to determine if Mercy’s Place Counseling Services may be a good fit for you or your family.
Kathy Bunke, MSW, LICSW
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Minor in Psychology and Emphasis in Child Studies
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Minnesota
- Child Welfare Scholar/Graduate school program- University of Minnesota
- MN state Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker/Mental Health Professional
- Advanced course in “Advanced Child Protection Services Evidenced Based Practice”
- Advanced Training and Certification in “Life Space Crisis Intervention"
- Member IATP (International Association of Trauma Professionals)
- Completed training in Level I & Level II Gottman Method Couple’s therapy
- Advanced training/consultation in ABFT (Attachment-Based Family Therapy)
- Ongoing continuing education in multiple areas, including Trauma-informed therapy
- Certified as a Gottman 7 Principles Program Educator (for couples)
Amy Tremain, MA, LP
Amy has been in the field of mental health for 30 years, working with children and adolescent mental health, chemical dependency, and persistent mental illness. In Amy's role as a Licensed Psychologist, she counsels adults, families, and children. Amy enjoys working as a coach for parenting issues.
Amy participates in ongoing collaboration with mental health colleagues as well as further education in current mental health issues. Ms. Tremain's approach includes combining evidence-based mental health practices along with her Christian faith. Each client is welcomed as a unique individual with the potential for growth and healing.
Registered Nurse in Minnesota
Licensed Psychologist in Minnesota
For more information or to schedule an appointment: